More than 230 colleges and universities in the United States have some form of mandatory student training or coursework on ideas related to critical race theory.
As reported by Fox News, at least 236 colleges or universities have some form of student training on critical race theory. Of those are 149 institutions that have some kind of mandatory faculty or staff training, with 138 mandating school-wide curricular requirements.
CriticalRace.org, which compiles research from more than 500 institutions, told Fox News that these programs focus on things like “anti-racism,” “equity,” “implicit bias” and critical race theory.
“Our database shows how race has become a pervasive focus in higher education with a near universal insistence that racism is systemic in the United States,” William A. Jacobson, a Cornell law professor who founded the database, said.
He added that “higher ed is focused on what divides people, exacerbating rather than solving problems.”
The critical race theory-associated content appears within curriculum, staff training and sometimes within training related to hiring.
Some colleges and universities even have required diversity-related content as part of students’ coursework.
In total, CriticalRace.org claims to have tracked:
* 520 schools of higher education
* 236 have some form of mandatory student training or coursework
* 149 institutions with some form of mandatory faculty/staff training
* 138 have school-wide mandatory material related to curricular requirements (e.g. the University of Pittsburgh’s required course “Anti-Black Racism: History, Ideology and Resistance”)
* 109 colleges/universities with school-wide mandatory training for students, including modules and online orientations
* 70 colleges/universities with department-specific curricula (“either full-length, academic courses or statements which declare that anti-racism/DEI/CRT/etc. are embedded into the general curriculum”)
* 34 colleges/universities with department-specific mandatory training for faculty and staff
* 20 colleges/universities with department-specific mandatory training for students (“modules, online orientations, orientation programs, and all other forms of training that fall short of an academic course”)
* 13 colleges or universities with school-wide mandatory “search/hiring committee-specific training”
The post REPORT: More Than 230 Colleges, Universities Include Some Form of Critical Race Theory Training appeared first on Human Events.
This content is published through a licensing agreement with Acquire Media using its NewsEdge technology.