The real story about what happened at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya in which four Americans were killed just gets worse and worse. Not only did Barack Obama and his team perpetuate a lie for nearly two weeks as to the cause of the attack, but in breaking news, we are now learning that during the attack, Americans called out for help, and were denied any assistance.
In an exclusive report by Fox News, sources who were on the ground in Benghazi during the attack say “an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials — who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.”
Here’s more of the report:
Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”
Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied.
The attack went on for four more hours according to Fox News. It was at this time that Woods and former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty were killed by a mortar shell.
The Weekly Standard spoke with Charles Woods, the father of Tyrone, who asked a simple question: “Who made the decision not to save my son?”
“Apparently even the State Department had a live stream and was aware of their calls for help. My son wasn’t even there. He was at a safe house about a mile away. He got the distress call; he heard them crying for help; that’s why he and Glen risked their lives to go that extra mile just to take care of the situation. And I’m sure that wasn’t the only one received that distress call–you know, come save our lives … I’m sure that other people in the military, in the State Department, in the White House, received that same call that he would receive. And I’m sure that most military people would jump at the chance … to protect that life [and] not leave anyone behind.”
Woods made clear that he isn’t “mad,” but that he wants to the “truth” to be told because he feels ” abandoned.”
Charlie Woods spoke with Fox News on Friday regarding the new information regarding the attack:
The pleas for help were made… multiple times. Woods and Doherty heard the requests. They asked for back-up and permission to help. They were told to “stand down.” They didn’t. They did what heroes do.
Who told them to stand down? Who let these Americans die without help? Help was nearby. Reinforcements could have arrived long before the attack was over, but the order was given: No.
Based on how early White House officials knew that Americans were under attack, why didn’t Barack Obama order the military to move in? Why were these Americans left to die? This is the most outrageous failure of leadership I have ever seen.