Who is Hunter Biden? Here are five things to know about the son of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden:
* Hunter served on the board of a Ukrainian oil and gas company while his father Joe as vice president reportedly threatened to freeze $1 billion of U.S. aid to Ukraine if the foreign leaders didn’t fire the nation’s top prosecutor. President Trump in a phone call pushed Ukraine’s leader to investigate the Bidens, which is at the center of the impeachment inquiry into Trump.
* Hunter is now stepping down from the board of a Chinese private equity company. Trump has called on China to launch an investigation into the matter.
* Hunter has promised he would not work with foreign businesses if his father is elected president.
* Hunter was vice chairman of the board of Amtrak, and was chairman of the board of the U.N. World Food Program. He was also a lawyer for Boies Schiller Flexner, which he called “one of the most prestigious law firms in the world.”
* Five years ago, Hunter was discharged from the Navy Reserve following a failed drug test. He has struggled with alcohol and drug abuse.
Herald wire services contributed to this report.
(c)2019 the Boston Herald
Visit the Boston Herald at www.bostonherald.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.