A gunman opened fire in the parking lot of a club complex in Port Richmond early Sunday morning and wounded four people. It was the second multiple shooting in Philadelphia in less than two days.

In a little more than 48 hours this weekend, from 3:50 p.m. Friday to 5:29 p.m. Sunday, at least 18 people were shot in Philadelphia, according to news releases from police.

All four victims of the quadruple shooting on the 3000 block of Castor Avenue survived, but one man — who was shot 10 times in his back — was hospitalized in critical condition, police said.

The violence came less than 30 hours after police said Nicholas Glenn, 25, shot six people — including two police officers — before responding officers shot and killed him Friday night in West Philadelphia. Five of Glenn’s victims, including both officers, survived his rampage; the sixth victim, 25-year-old Sara Salih, died from her wounds.

Wounded Philadelphia Police Sgt. Sylvia Young, who was shot six times, remained in stable condition Sunday at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. University of Pennsylvania Officer Eddie Miller, who was shot twice, was released from Penn Presbyterian on Sunday, FOP Lodge No. 5 President John McNesby said.Two of Glenn’s other victims — a female bartender and a male security guard at the Maximum Level Lounge — were listed in stable condition. Their identities have not been released by police.

The fifth surviving victim, a 36-year-old man who was in the car with Salih when Glenn approached and opened fire, was listed in critical condition Saturday night but was expected to survive, police said.

Sunday’s shooting took place around 3:45 a.m. in a parking lot shared by the Vyce Social Club, an after-hours venue, and the Penthouse Club, a gentleman’s club.

Authorities had not made an arrest in the case and details about the motive and circumstances of the shooting remain under investigation. However, police said a single gunman was believed to be responsible.

Among the injured was the 22-year-old man who was shot 10 times in his back. He was taken by a private car to Temple University Hospital’s Episcopal campus and later transferred to Temple University Hospital, where he remained in critical condition.

The other victims include a woman, 29, shot once in the leg; a woman, 23, shot once in the calf; and a 23-year-old woman, was shot once in her stomach. All three of those victims were listed in stable condition on Sunday at Temple University Hospital, according to police.


(c)2016 The Philadelphia Inquirer

Visit The Philadelphia Inquirer at www.philly.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.


This content is published through a licensing agreement with Acquire Media using its NewsEdge technology.

No votes yet.
Please wait...