The Supreme Court's decision regarding Obamacare shook the political world. Yes, the individual mandate was ruled constitutional, because it's a tax. But wait... all this time, the Obama administration was saying it's not a tax. That's the story, but what's disappointing is new polling that shows just how little people know (or even care) about the Obamacare ruling.
Two polls from well-respected research institutes show many Americans don't know much about the health care fight in Washington, don't care about it - or thought the Supreme Court ruled in another direction.
The polls were done independently by the Pew Research Center and the Kaiser Family Foundation, but they have similar results that show a big chunk of the electorate disengaged from the health care reform issue.
Both polls were done after the Supreme Court upheld most of President Barack Obama's health reform plan on Thursday.
The Pew study showed that despite widespread publicity about the case, just 55 percent of the public knew the Supreme Court upheld most of the health care law. The other 45 percent said they thought the court rejected most of the law (15 percent) or they didn't know what the court did (30 percent).
Only 37 percent of people under 30 years of age knew what the health care decision was, even though the story was four days old when the survey ended.