Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- Commentary: An Honest Conversation on Race
- News: $1M from Bloomberg group to background-check campaign
- News: NASA: Power grid may be at risk
- News: Obama approval rating drops in blue California
- News: British PM Cameron outlines plans for returning militants
- News: Labor organizers plan trouble in fast food wages fight
- Commentary: Irresponsible Choices
- Fresh Ink: Climate Change vs. Islamic Terrorists… What's the bigger threat?
- News: Kerry Calls For Coalition Against IS Jihadists
- News: Joe Biden must be running for something