Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- Fresh Ink: Is Jeb Bush already in trouble?
- News: Do Baltimore residents want less enforcement or less crime?
- Fresh Ink: McConnell missteps on Patriot Act
- News: At least 108 people shot over three days in Chicago, Baltimore and New York
- News: MTV reality star arrested for terrorist threats
- News: Lawyer: Confinement of chimps for research akin to slavery
- News: Rand Paul blames Republican hawks for rise of ISIS
- Fresh Ink: What really happened in Ireland? You need to know
- Cartoons: Spreading
- News: The LAPD anti-terror unit makes arrest in massive apt. complex fire