Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- Fresh Ink: Living in fear: Twin Cities a hotbed of radicalized young Muslims
- News: Police officers leaving St. Louis county in high numbers
- Commentary: Chaos in the Primaries
- News: St. Louis city hall evacuated after several suspicious items found
- Fresh Ink: Hillary's campaign focus: Court LGBT vote
- Fresh Ink: Mo. St. Univ. student seeks religious freedom, gets petitioned
- News: Hillary says Obama economy has 'stalled out'
- Commentary: Male Stripper Performs At Gay Journalism Event
- News: Lindsey Graham says there's a 91 percent chance he'll run for president
- Commentary: Candidates Should Read the Republican Platform