Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- News: Details emerge as 4 ordered to stand trial in Utash beating
- News: Supreme Court Upholds Mich Ban on Affirmative Action
- News: Chicago: Weekend of Violence
- Commentary: Unmasking the Imperial Presidency
- News: Keystone may be stalled, but the protests aren't
- News: Seattle United Methodist Banned by Boy Scouts
- The Loft: Pledge of Allegiance Under Attack... Again!
- Commentary: The High Cost of Liberalism
- News: Obama plans to expand clemency criteria for drug offenders
- Fresh Ink: California: Protecting sexual integrity of boys disqualifies you as a judge