Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- News: Appeals Court Overturns Sex-Change for Inmate
- Commentary: Should Profiling Be Banned?
- Commentary: Cromnibus Winners and Losers
- News: Baltimore officer uses Taser, criminal uses gun
- News: Obama makes deal with Cuba
- Fresh Ink: Education KS judge: Homeschoolers prepped for life in the 15th century
- News: Keystone pipeline to top US Senate agenda next year
- Commentary: Jeb Bush: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Waterboy
- News: Hillary denounces torture, says black lives matter
- Cartoons: Establishment