Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- News: St. Louis to change rules for use of tear gas, pay legal costs for some agitators
- Commentary: Death to America
- Commentary: CNN Shines a Light on Ongoing VA Scandal
- News: Iran may run centrifuges at fortified site
- Fresh Ink: The rising tide of anti-Semitism
- News: Military leaders resist lifting ban on transgenders
- Fresh Ink: VA schools banning zeroes to avoid hurt feelings?
- News: Bergdahl, media looking for sympathy
- Cartoons: Traitorous Deserter
- News: Indiana gov. signs religious freedom bill, company that doesn't support freedom pulls back