Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- Commentary: Giving as Thanks
- Fresh Ink: Why Obama is wrong about the Bible and immigration
- News: Black Friday strikes expected at dozens of Walmart stores
- News: Police release video of police shooting of 12 yr. old
- Commentary: A Bigger Problem than Obama
- News: Millions expected to shop on Thanksgiving
- News: Report: New Black Panthers Plotted to Blow up Arch, Kill Prosecutor, Sheriff
- News: A Thanksgiving miracle for one Ferguson business
- News: Holder: Peaceful protesters 'heroes, in my mind'
- Commentary: Looting and Burning Against the Rule of Law