Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- News: Third term? 'I'm a pretty good president. I think if I ran, I could win.'
- News: Transgender barred from men's room testifies in sex discrimination case
- News: Hillary promises half a billion solar panels
- Fresh Ink: Gun laws don't deter the bad guys
- Commentary: The Sanctuary Scandal
- Commentary: Progressive Bioethicists Encouraging the Killing of Newborn Babies
- News: Jeb Bush denounces 'crazy message of hate' in campaign
- Commentary: Enough Phony GOP Conservatism From the Beltway Elite
- Fresh Ink: Pastor prays at school, district fined $7.5K
- Cartoons: Traitor