Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- News: Kevin McCarthy out as next Speaker of the House
- News: Jindal calls Oregon shooter's father a complete failure
- News: Murdoch apologizes for politically incorrect truth
- Commentary: Does the left want mass murderers to be white?
- Fresh Ink: Be cautious in REI store restrooms
- News: Kasich campaign in trouble
- News: Left outraged when Ben Carson says he would fight back against shooter
- News: House Democrats will miss John Boehner
- Cartoons: What happens there
- News: Nuclear smugglers sought terrorist buyers