Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- News: Sharpton to lead march against white NY police officer today
- Fresh Ink: Will states' rights rule supreme in marriage cases?
- News: Officials who hyped Ferguson now worry about outcome
- Commentary: Fanning the Flames of Racial Tension
- News: Washington Post strikes 'Redskins' from editorials
- Fresh Ink: It's impossible for a student to violate the First Amendment
- Fresh Ink: Schoolhouse open for stream of illegal alien children
- News: Dempsey hits Islamic militant 'end-of-days' vision
- News: Foley case revives debate over paying ransom
- News: McCaskill plans hearings on militarization of police