Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- Cartoons: Incoming!
- News: Compassion: Israeli Hospital treats Hamas leader's daughter
- News: Ferguson cop pinned in vehicle; feared for his life
- News: Supreme Court Clears Texas Voter ID Law for November Election
- Cartoons: Passengers
- News: Obama: US can't cut itself off from W. Africa
- Fresh Ink: City of Houston alters controversial subpoenas: 'speeches' instead of sermons
- Commentary: Left Tries to Blame Ebola Crisis on Republicans
- News: Gov. Perry urges air travel ban for people exposed to Ebola
- News: Students passing out Constitution say Southern Oregon University threatened them