Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- Fresh Ink: Black Santa: Diversity specialists fail political correctness standard
- News: State Dept. bought $180,000 in liquor before shutdown
- Fresh Ink: Obama's food stamp obesity epidemic
- News: In some US states, gays fight for right to divorce
- News: U.S. students continue to score below international averages
- Commentary: Fox News Sees the Light on Snowden
- News: Ex-contractor jailed in Cuba: Abandoned by U.S.
- Commentary: Obama Worship Syndrome
- News: Adios muchacho: Christie threatens veto of NJ's Dream Act
- Commentary: Bozell: Obama's Picture-Perfect Propaganda