Shepherd Smith is well known among conservatives for his liberal leanings and shallow reporting. Republicans are not against help for 911 first responders. They want the bill to be paid for, they want an adequate amount of time to debate the issue and they want a way to verify that those receiving the money are in need and qualify for it. Smith doesn't care about any of those issues. Instead, he sees a way to attack a Republican senator by playing thoughtlessly on the heartstrings of his viewers.
Fox News Shepherd Smith scolds Sen. Coburn
Don't leave yet! Add a comment below or check out these other great stories:
- News: Jesse Jackson: U.S., Michigan must welcome Syrian refugees
- Commentary: The Media's Faux Outrage Over 'Domestic Terrorism'
- Fresh Ink: Evangelical Christian cop gave his life attempting to help victims of Planned Parenthood shooting
- News: First trial of Baltimore police officer in Freddie Gray death begins
- News: Climate Change protesters destroy memorial to victims of Paris terrorist attacks
- News: In wake of shooting CO governor focuses on bloggers, talk shows and guns
- News: Jeb Bush says he would support Trump 'because anybody is better than Hillary Clinton'
- News: Carson says best to help refugees in Middle East
- Cartoons: When the light dawns
- Fresh Ink: Leaping to Conclusions